About Me

Monday, March 16, 2009

Lost in the Fog and Aleo Documentary

I've never been a huge fan of horse racing but when my great aunt Connie told me about her friend's horse called Lost in the Fog, something in me got interested.  We went to see him once at Bay Meadows, he kicked ass, and we had a blast.  The story ended in a sad way when LITF had to be put down after contracting cancer and then Harry Aleo passed away.  He was a neat guy and had this realty store up in Noe Valley that I never saw open.  But, my aunt and I would walk buy and she would point out all his funny signs about liberal SF.  Thank goodness someone decided to make a documentary about the horse and his owner.  The link above goes to the full story.  I'm looking forward to the movie!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Luke (if that's your real name),

    Thanks for the mention of the movie. The DVD is, in fact, available at the website but the movie will also be making its theatrical premiere at the Roxie Film Center - and probably the Elmwood in Berkeley, too - on April 24th. Come see it in person.

    Best,
    John Corey
    www.lostinthefogthemovie.com

    ReplyDelete