About Me

Monday, March 23, 2009

The Low Carbon Diet: Cool Cuisine


This diet is not my favorite diet, but it does make a whole lot of sense.  Basically, you pick out foods that are locally produced and seasonal (not as much fuel is required to deliver it), don’t contribute greenhouse gases (i.e. cattle), and use natural fertilizers (to avoid nitrogen runoff and water pollution).  These concepts are not hard to grasp, but finding recipes and sources for the foods might be a little tough.  But, a book written by Laura Stec (an SF based chef) with help from Eugene Cordero (a climate researcher) entitled “Cool Cuisine: Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming” sets forth to do just that.  I’m going to check it out as I’m sure this philosophy has to be the wave of the future!!  But, I’m pretty sure I can’t give up the meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment