About Me

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saliva Test for Diabetes May Be The Future

If I had diabetes, I would hate the daily blood sampling that is currently required for monitoring blood glucose levels.  This study identified 65 proteins that are present in more frequently in type 2 diabetics compared to people that did not have the disease.  Maybe blood glucose is not the only thing we should be monitoring in patients with diabetes and instead we need to start looking at even more factors responsible for the disease and its effects!  If they can extend their work so a non-invasive saliva test can be developed for detection and monitoring of diabetes, I think that would be exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for thinking of me. I've sent this info on to my diabetes educator. I'll see her tonight at annual Christmas party. I give her a sample of my spit too. Dad

    ReplyDelete