About Me

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Doing the Animal Walk

Who knew that the way a four-legged animal walks was unknown until publication of this study?  I didn't know it.  How do they do it?  In this order: Anyway, left hind leg, left foreleg, right hind leg, right foreleg, and then repeat until you get to the food bowl.  When the dogs were interviewed as to why they did this, they responded that the balance center in their brain told them to "Walk this way!"  Aerosmith and Run-DMC would be proud!  Apparently, by traipsing along in this manner, they maintain the best sense of balance.  Frankly, for me, I have my best balance when I moonwalk.  Maybe the dogs and cats need to try that!  I like how the researchers say that the reason for other people not noticing this before was due (at least in part) to their carelessness.  Harsh!  I know I'm going to be watching my cats very carefully and if they don't Walk This Way (screeching), I sense a publication out of the sophisticated Lightning lab!

No comments:

Post a Comment