About Me

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A story about my Mom

My Mom was recently interviewed for this story in a local newspaper about her history, heritage, and activities in the community where she talks about her Ojibway heritage.  I guess she and I disagree on the use of the word Indian to describe ourselves, but I forgive her.  There is also a great picture of the Ojibway wedding dress she made for my sister.  I'm a little bummed that I didn't get her to make a handmade Indian outfit for my wedding.  Oh well.  But, I'm sure my younger sister is already looking forward to making dresses for her two girls!!  Go Mom - you're famous!  We love you and are proud of you!! 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! If my girls can't fit into my wedding dress for their own weddings, too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did post a comment. But I don't know where it went. I will make a beaded vest for you if you'd like. I was contacted by a lady in Glenwood. She read the article and she has a leather shirt that Grandma Ethel Lighning made for her husband. So Dad and I stopped there on our way to Bemidji and took pictures of it. It is beautiful. Hand tanned leather. Mom

    ReplyDelete